Friday, August 11, 2006

See you Dad...

I took this photo when Dad married Dorothy back in 1980. Dad was really happy. He loved this photo.


Dad & Dorothy's wedding, originally uploaded by jayavant.

My father, Jack Williamson, died two years ago today, 11th of August 2004. I was in Busan and heard news he was "on the way out" so I phoned his hospital room.

A few words, half joking, "See you later."

I was in Carrefour, Seomyeon, when I spoke to him., standing by the big aquaria full of live fish and giant crabs. He could barely talk. After I hung up I started to think - that was the last time I will ever speak with him...

So I called again. I went and sat on the seats at MacDonalds in Carrefour and called again.

I told him he had been a great father and that I love him.

He said thanks - a strong voice now. He sounded like he was smiling.

And that was the last time we spoke. He did not speak again, but slipped into sleep. He died only minutes later.

Now I am back in Australia. I wish he was here...

1 Comments:

Blogger Visithra said...

memories have a mind of their own dont they - sorry about ur dad - but life is such - lovely photo

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home